Real, lasting change will not come from the world’s elite, it will come from us, the people. We are the change we’ve been waiting for.
Become a volunteer campaigner for 350 Aotearoa and get connected to a community of inspiring and passionate changemakers here in New Zealand and beyond.
- Auckland – Sandy@350.org.nz
- University of Auckland – FossilFreeAucklandUni@350.org.nz
- Waikato University – FossilFreeWaikatoUni@350.org.nz
- Wellington – Wellington@350.org.nz
- Christchurch – Christchurch@350.org.nz
- Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology – FossilFreeCPIT@350.org.nz
- Canterbury University – FossilFreeCanterburyUni@350.org.nz
- Otago University – OtagoUniDivests@350.org.nz
Internships and Specialist Roles
Part of the 350 Aotearoa mission is for our work to be largely volunteer-driven, as well as to support and empower individuals to become community climate leaders. We very gladly receive expressions of interest in interning or volunteering with 350 at anytime.
If you are interested in a New Zealand internship with 350, please send a copy of your CV, along with a brief explanation of your areas of interest and your availability (length of time/dates you are looking to intern), and any other relevant information to email@example.com. Interns will normally need to be available for a minimum of 3 months.
Other voluntary roles:
If you are interested in volunteering in an ongoing capacity with 350, we’re sure we can find the right role for you. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are interested so that we can talk further. We are currently particularly looking for:
Social Media Guru (time commitment: 30min to 1hr+ a day) – Looking for a platform for your incredible wit and pulitzer-prize worthy Facebook skills….or are you just generally keen on helping share the latest news, events and updates?
Graphic Designers (time commitment: variable, on a per project basis) – We think it goes without saying that good visual communications are priceless… which is convenient, because we don’t have a graphic design budget. If you are an experienced graphic designer or graphic design student who could help on either a one-off or regular basis, we would love to hear from you.
We need writers to help communicate all the awesome things that 350 campaigners around the country are working on. Help us out by sharing your amazing literary skills with us!
Please check back here for future openings, or if you are not already on our mailing list, sign-up here. In addition to receiving updates about our campaigns and events, you’ll also be among the first to know when new positions are advertised.
Start a Petition Campaign
People power will solve the climate crisis — and now everyone can start and win campaigns to protect our common future.
350 Campaigns and Go Fossil Free Campaigns are open platforms available to anyone and everyone who wants to do their part to solve the climate crisis. Taking on global warming is a HUGE task, so we need people working all over the world on lots of different campaigns to make it happen.
Why should I use a campaign petition platform?
You can start campaigns elsewhere, but if you use this platform we will:
- Help boost your campaign by promoting it to a global network of climate activists.
- Provide campaigns with strategic consultation on media, grassroots organizing, and more.
- Offer specialized support tailored to the unique challenges of climate campaigns.
What’s the difference between 350 Campaigns and Go Fossil Free Campaigns?
The 350 campaigns platform is designed for any kind of environmental and social justice issue.
Go Fossil Free Campaigns is purpose built to host fossil fuel divestment campaigns, so you’ll notice that all of our universities use it.
What makes a good campaign?
Most good campaigns are…
- Strategic: focus your efforts on the right targets who can make the change you’re seeking.
- Winnable: make sure your efforts aren’t futile.
- Ambitious: aim high enough to make real difference in the fight against the climate crisis.
- Timely: so people feel the urgency to act.
- Compelling: tell a good, honest story so people sign on and join you.
- Hopeful: global warming can be depressing, but the strongest climate campaigns aren’t all doom and gloom.
Go forth and campaign! If you have any questions, please email email@example.com for support.
When you become a campaigner for 350 Aotearoa you will be given access to a toolkit full of organising resources. In the meantime, you can get started by checking out some resources here.