Join the 350 team!
Hours: Part-time: 24 hours per week.
Duration: 9 months with possibility to extend
Location: Auckland or Wellington
Start date: Flexible, July 2018
Salary: $60,000 p/a pro rata and inclusive of KiwiSaver
Reports to: 350 Aotearoa Board
350 Aotearoa is looking for someone to take on the key functions of the current executive director, who will be taking parental leave from September 2018. This is a dynamic role that requires strong people skills, flexibility, great time management and a passion to progress action on climate change.
If you’re passionate about climate justice, people-power, and are up for a challenge, this is the job for you!
You will be working closely with the 350 Aotearoa Board, a small staff team, and our incredible network of volunteers. We’re a small team with big work, so you’ll need to be able to juggle many different things at once, and have a have a flexible, can-do approach to pitch in wherever is necessary.
You will be responsible for:
– Organisational Strategy
– Campaigns, Projects and Events
– Finance and administration
You should have:
– Experience in and understanding of leading teams
– Experience in creating and delivering organisational strategy
– Experience in event and action organising
– Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
– A highly adaptable and flexible approach
– Excellent analytical skills
We believe that climate change disproportionately hurts the most marginalised people in society — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, people with disabilities, women and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalised communities.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, or disability status.
To apply, email your CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience to email@example.com by 6 July, 2018.
Internship and Volunteer Roles
Part of the 350 Aotearoa mission is for our work to be largely volunteer-driven, as well as to support and empower individuals to become community climate leaders. We very gladly receive expressions of interest in interning or volunteering with 350 at anytime.
If you are interested in a New Zealand internship with 350, please send a copy of your CV, along with a brief explanation of your areas of interest and your availability (length of time/dates you are looking to intern), and any other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interns will normally need to be available for a minimum of 3 months.
Other voluntary roles:
If you are interested in volunteering in an ongoing capacity with 350, we’re sure we can find the right role for you. Please send an email to email@example.com to let us know you are interested so that we can talk further. We are currently particularly looking for:
- Social Media Guru (time commitment: 30min to 1hr+ a day) – Looking for a platform for your incredible wit and pulitzer-prize worthy Facebook skills….or are you just generally keen on helping share the latest news, events and updates?
- Graphic Designers (time commitment: variable, on a per project basis) – We think it goes without saying that good visuals make a world of difference when creating a social movement. Your role would be creating shareable content with clear, concise messaging for multiple platforms.