Win tickets for Auckland Zoo, NZ Maritime Sailing, and more! Submissions are also entered into a raffle for 350 Aotearoa grab bags
Ever wondered how a bank that invests billions each year in climate-polluting coal and gas companies can call itself “the most sustainable company in the world”?
Or how a bank that is “committed to managing the environmental impact of our activities” still decides to lend over $1 billion to coal ports in the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area?
These are real statements from Westpac and ANZ. Real statements that are covering up the fact that these companies are bankrolling some of the most polluting projects in the world.
What to do:
- Have a look at some of the banks’ ads, use your creative talents to turn their messaging on its head
- Email a high res copy of your design to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday, 19th August.
We’ll spread the winning poster far and wide to get the word out to Westpac and ANZ customers that their banks are not as responsible as they claim to be.
The top 3 entries will earn either family passes to the Auckland Zoo (2 adults, 2 kids), or a Family Sailing Combo Pass (2 adults and 2 kids, or 1 adult and 3 kids) on the NZ Maritime Museums heritage scow, the Ted Ashby. Upon entry, all contestants will be entered into a raffle with a random drawing to win a “grab bag” of 350 Aotearoa apparel and stickers.
Terms and Conditions:
- By submitting your design, you are consenting to 350 Aotearoa using your meme design to promote its divestment campaign, e.g. through social media.
- Designs containing swear words, pornographic or abusive content will not be considered. Keep it clean but witty!
- The winning design will be selected by 350 Aotearoa staff. The winner will be contacted within two weeks with details about their prize.