Join the 350 team!
Role: Trustee/Board member
Closing date: 23rd March, 2018
About the Role:
350 Aotearoa’s Trustees are responsible for ensuring the financial health of the organisation as well as compliance with legal obligations, such as the Health and Safety at Work Act. Given our small size, Trustees are also expected to commit approximately three hours a week to supporting the organisation and its staff.
Regular duties include:
- Attending a monthly Board meeting (by video conference).
- Participating in high-level strategy and planning meetings and processes.
- Providing financial oversight – primarily by reviewing monthly financial reports.
- Dedicating at least two hours a month to support fundraising and networking.
- Approving all staff or contractor hire or contract renewal.
- Representing 350 Aotearoa at conferences and speaking events, where agreed with the Board and staff.
- Providing direct support to staff in areas where you have particular expertise (e.g. fundraising, communications, accounting, etc).
- Participating in campaign actions and events, where appropriate.
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good understanding of climate change policy and politics in New Zealand
- Commitment to the belief that collective action can change the world for the betterWe are looking for board members who will have the time to prioritise their board duties and play an active role in the governance of 350 Aotearoa
Additional desired skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of working with grassroots groups and social movements
- Experience of working collaboratively with iwi and hapū
- Experience on a charitable governance board
- Track record of fundraising through major donors
- Legal training
To apply please email a CV and cover letter to Amanda Larsson at firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd March, 2018.
Internship and Volunteer Roles
Part of the 350 Aotearoa mission is for our work to be largely volunteer-driven, as well as to support and empower individuals to become community climate leaders. We very gladly receive expressions of interest in interning or volunteering with 350 at anytime.
If you are interested in a New Zealand internship with 350, please send a copy of your CV, along with a brief explanation of your areas of interest and your availability (length of time/dates you are looking to intern), and any other relevant information to email@example.com. Interns will normally need to be available for a minimum of 3 months.
Other voluntary roles:
If you are interested in volunteering in an ongoing capacity with 350, we’re sure we can find the right role for you. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are interested so that we can talk further. We are currently particularly looking for:
Social Media Guru (time commitment: 30min to 1hr+ a day) – Looking for a platform for your incredible wit and pulitzer-prize worthy Facebook skills….or are you just generally keen on helping share the latest news, events and updates?
Graphic Designers (time commitment: variable, on a per project basis) – We think it goes without saying that good visual